If you are an active youth and interested in connecting with 60 passionate young people from across the world and 20 Lithuanian delegates, we invite you to join us in Vilnius, Lithuania from 16-19 April, 2015 for the first International Youth to Youth (Y2Y) Summit: ‘’The Role of Youth in Solving Global Challenges and Bridging Gaps Among Nations’’. The event will feature highly experienced speakers across the youth-related fields that will provide an extra bridge to the discussion and will contribute to the outcomes of the event.
The aim of the Summit is to bring together the brightest students, youth activists, leaders in the society, entrepreneurs, professors, diplomats and businessmen to start a dialogue on global challenges of today and tomorrow and to take concrete actions on the ways to solve them.
The International Y2Y Summit is designed to take place once a year in a different country with a general theme relevant to youth. The annual Summit will become a platform for the young people as future leaders of the world to hone their leadership, diplomacy, cultural, intercultural communication, critical thinking and self-development skills.
For further information, click here
AM I ELIGIBLE?
- citizen of any country across the world
- be no younger than 18 and no older than 35 years old
- demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and potential to become a key leader in your community
- passion to create positive social change and willingness to use Y2Y experience in your leadership position
- have some experience active either in politics (local, national, or international), civil society organizations, media, the business sector, local communities, faith based movements, and other fields
- good working knowledge of written and spoken English
For both International and Lithuanian participants, the deadline is 15 January 2015
We value diversity and unique perspectives. The organising team will select participants with varied professional and academic backgrounds. The candidates will be selected from a competitive pool based on their expertise and will ensure a geographical and gender balance.
– Round 1 is based on application form. We will pre-select up to 150 participants for the skype interview.
– Round 2 is based on Skype Interview. We will select 60 international and 20 Lithuanian delegates
– Announcement of all successful candidates will be on 01 February 2015.
PARTICIPATION FEES AND SCHOLARSHIPS
Please note that while we offer a number of fee waivers and scholarships for travel, we will probably not be able to fund all the participant’s attendance. The following fees have been established:
– 100 Euros for international participants residing outside Lithuania.
– 100 Euros for Lithuanian participants (accommodation covered).
– 30 Euros for Lithuanian participants (accommodation not covered).
The fee covers accommodation, food, materials for sessions.
The participation cost has been set with a view that it is considerably affordable for participants coming from all backgrounds. However, international participants are expected to cover their return traveling expenses and visa cost.
Please choose one of the following statements that are most applicable to your situation in case you get selected to take part in the summit:
-I will be able to pay the participation and travel costs to the Y2Y Summit.
-I will not be able to pay my travel costs but I will be able to pay the participation fee.
-I will be able to pay my travel costs but not the participation fee.
-I will only be able to attend the summit in case I get fully funded*
– I will only be able to attend in case I get a partial financial assistance**
*if so, provide us with the approximate travel and visa costs.
**please specify how much money would you expect Y2Y Summit to contribute towards your participation in the event.